|Job Detail||Sign In|
School Business Administrator: Provo City School District
|The Provo Board of Education is seeking a Business Administrator who:
Has earned at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or other related field.
|Subject to the direction of the District Superintendent of Schools, the District Business Administrator shall:
1. Attend all meetings of the Board, keeping an accurate recording of its proceedings, and having custody of the seal and records;
2. Be custodian of all District funds, be responsible and accountable for all money received and disbursed, and keep accurate records of all revenues received and their sources;
3. Countersign with the Board President all warrants and claims against the District as well as other legal documents approved by the Board;
4. Prepare and submit to the Board each month a written financial report, including a detailed list of expenditures;
5. Use uniform budgeting, accounting, and auditing procedures and forms approved by the Utah State Board of Education, which shall be in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles or auditing standards;
6. Prepare and submit to the Board a detailed annual statement for the period ending June 30 of the revenue and expenditures, including beginning and ending balances;
7. Assist the Superintendent in the preparation and submission of a tentative budget required by law and by the Utah State Board of Education;
8. Ensure that adequate internal controls are in place to safeguard the District’s funds;
9. Partner with District administrators in providing fiscal management support, data analysis, and assistance;
10. Provide general supervision over Accounting, Audit, Accounts Payable, Transportation, Child Nutrition, Facilities, and Inventory;
11. File district, state, and other governmental reports in a timely manner and with accuracy; and
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Board and/or Superintendent.
May 12, 2021, will be the first applicant screening
• Candidates must submit a formal application that includes the
following as a part of your digital portfolio.
• Application available at https://provo.applicantportal.com
• A letter of interest
• Resume listing professional and job-related experience
• Copy of transcripts (does not need to be official)
• Three letters of recommendation
• Written response for each of the following items:
• What is your personal philosophy of the role of a Business
• What is your experience and approach for forecasting models?
• What will be your responsibility as it relates to supporting and
allocating resources to assist in the accomplishment of the
District’s mission, vision, and goals?