|Job Detail||Sign In|
Inst Asst 2/Tracker: Dixon Middle School
|Up to 29 hours per week during school hours.
Interested? Please apply! We'd love to talk to you about the opportunity to join our amazing team at Dixon!
Inst Asst 2 / Tracker
The job of Inst Asst 2 / Tracker is done for the purpose/s of providing support to students with academic, social, or behavioral problems with specific responsibilities for monitoring attendance; supervising non-classroom time; tracking homework; assisting with goal completion; and generally assisting the classroom teacher with student interventions. This job is distinguished from similar jobs by the following characteristics: Works with assigned individuals to prevent or remediate academic or behavioral weaknesses. This job reports to the Teacher
· Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. reading stories, listening to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforcing English skills, providing spelling practice, facilitating activities assisting with computer programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade-level standards.
· Assists students with activities and/or assignments under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
· Attends meetings, conferences, and in-service training programs (e.g. paraeducator conference, medical needs trainings, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
· Communicates with supervising instructional staff for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress.
· Maintains a variety of electronic and print records (e.g. incident logs, progress reports, attendance logs, etc.) for the purpose of improving student achievement and providing documentation for supervising staff.
· Monitors student academic and attendance issues (e.g. checking on grades, absences, tardies, truancies, etc.) for the purpose of improving student achievement and providing progress reports for supervising personnel.
· Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, enrichment classes, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
· Performs general clerical functions as assigned (e.g. copying, filing, laminating, collating, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the instructional program.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
· Provides under the supervision of an assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives and contributing to students' success in school.
· Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students to appropriate instructional staff (e.g. progress, behavior, academic achievement, social interaction, etc.) for the purpose of improving students’ achievement, behavior, and socially appropriate interactions.
· Responds to emergency situations (e.g. student injuries, socially inappropriate behavior, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: instructional procedures and practices; age-appropriate student activities; safety practices and procedures; conflict resolution; and stages of child development/ behavior.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with others; work with similar types of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem-solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem-solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; and working with constant interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working with immediate supervision; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to affect the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard-free environment.
Experience: Job-related experience is desired.
Education: Targeted, job-related education with study in job-related area.
Required Testing: Pre-employment Proficiency Test
Continuing Educ. / Training: Occasionally as needed to perform changing essential functions of the position
Clearances: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Salary Grade: Lane 2
Certificates and Licenses