|Job Detail||Sign In|
Admin Sec 6/K-12: Canyon Crest Elementary
|This position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm.|
Admin Sec 6 / K-12 Job Description
The job of Admin Sec 6 / K-12 is done for the purpose/s of providing confidential administrative and secretarial support to the assigned administrator(s); coordinating activities and appointments of assigned administrator(s); interacting with employees, students, and patrons; creating, maintaining, and distributing a variety of electronic and print documents; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
This job reports to the Principal
· Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. staff attendance, substitute invoices, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements.
· Coordinates a variety of projects, functions, and/or program components (e.g. meetings, employment interviews, graduations, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
· Maintains manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. web calendar, staff attendance, graduation information, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
· Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring their safety and welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
· Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned Administrator (e.g. appointments, meetings, trainings, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating with Principal's schedule and achieving goals and meeting target dates.
· Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
· Prepares a variety of documents (e.g. faculty handbook, agendas, minutes, event programs, newspapers, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in compliance with established guidelines.
· Prepares for a variety of events, (e.g. Back to School faculty in-service, faculty luncheons, meetings, graduation, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the success of these events.
· Presents information on administrative procedures (e.g. department/program policies, fee waivers, graduation information, etc.) for the purpose of orienting new personnel and/or disseminating information to existing personnel.
· Processes documents and materials (e.g. fee waivers, time sheets, work orders, requisitions, substitute invoices, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with administrative guidelines and/or regulatory requirements.
· Procures supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining the availability of required items.
· Represents assigned Administrator/s in his/her absence for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for their functions.
· Researches a variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations and/or addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
· Responds to a variety of inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
· Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: administering first aid; budgeting and cost control; customer service; effective listening; guiding others; interpersonal aptitude; managing projects/programs; monitoring activities; office practices; planning; problem-solving; and recordkeeping.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: age appropriate activities/behaviors; bookkeeping/accounting practices; codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies; English grammar/punctuation/ spelling/vocabulary; office equipment/software; MS Office; and office practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with similar types of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem-solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem-solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem-solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adaptability/flexibility; communication with persons of diverse backgrounds/knowledge/skills; confidentiality; dealing with frequent interruptions; decision making; detail-oriented; meeting schedules/deadlines; multi-tasking; organizing; prioritization; reliability; and teamwork.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 70% sitting, 10% walking, and 20% standing. The job is performed under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience: Job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing - Pre-employment Proficiency Test
Certificates and Licenses
FLSA Status - Non Exempt
Salary Grade - Lane 6
|Open until filled.
Please apply online.